Thursday, July 24, 2014

Frankenboobies

Brad is on me again to update so here I go:

I am finally feeling normal again.  I started last week going for my weekly expansions as lets just say it is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever felt in my life.  Today was my second expansion and the easiest way to explain it is it feels like I have a charlie horse in my chest and someone is squeezing my ribs for about 3 days.  It looks like I will have around 4-5 more expansions.  When Dr. Schmidt finishes with expanding I will go in for one more surgery and he will swap out the expanders for the implants.  My boobies look good though.  I was referring to them as frankenboobies because of the scar and steri strips across them but honestly, I am very please with them.  Dr. Schmidt did a great job.  I have a problem just showing them to anyone and telling people to poke them because I really do not think you understand how hard they are until I tell you to push on them.  All I can say is hard as rocks. 

My hair is growing back in.  I like to say I look like a Monchichi.  It is extremely soft and I spend a lot of time rubbing my head. 

It looks like I will start radiation in 10 weeks.  I will only have to go for 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 weeks of treatments.  Not to bad.  I will work through the treatment.  I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Brad has been such a wonderful and patient and supportive husband and friend through this entire process.  It is now my turn to take care of him.  He has shoulder surgery tomorrow morning so send some prayers his way please.


So thank you for all of the support and prayers!  I really feel loved. 

Lots of love,
Lisa

5 comments:

Roma said...

go lisa go! too bad you wont have your franken boobies for halloween :) haha. glad you are feeling better each and every day!!

Lisa Kicks cancer's A@% said...

Hahahahaha. I thought about the boobies for Halloween. Thank you

Misty said...

I loved my Monchichi dolls :) Glad that things are going well. Hopefully the pain will be less and less with each fill?? We can hope right? Sending you lots of love!

Lisa Kicks cancer's A@% said...

I don't think it gets better with each fill but I am figuring out how to take the pain meds and use hot rice packs to help. :-).

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update! Always thinking of you and YOU always motivate ME! Hugs hugs hugs!:):):)