Saturday, May 10, 2014

Home stretch!

Hi everyone!  Brad tells me I am a slacker on posting so here I go. I have three treatments left!!  Yep. Three more weeks and I am done with the chemo. All done!!!  My official date for my last one is May 29. I met with my oncologist last Tuesday and he called me his rock star patient. That felt pretty good considering I don't feel like it, but he swears I am. At this point my nails are all messed up, I have horrible indigestion, and I am really tired most of the day but hardly sleep at night because of hot flashes.  I am tired of being tired. The steroids I do have to say are the worst part of it but I keep reminding myself of several things. One, many people have it a lot worse with their treatments, two, I have three treatments left, three, I have gone from bald to peach fuzz and four, Dr. Romer thinks I am already in remission. That was the best news. I am still kicking cancers ass and living my life. I have refused to let it slow me down. 

Thank you to everyone who has supported me with this journey. Pay attention when I hug you. My hugs are much tighter and longer. It's my way of saying thank you for every bit of encouragement, every card, every gift and every meal. It meant the world to me and Brad. Without all of the support and encouragement, I would not have been as strong. This is 100% a mental battle. Chemo tries really hard to break a person down. Even in the last 9 weeks there have been a few times I have walked into school with tears. I just wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it through the day. Because of all of the support, I sucked it up, put a smile on my face and moved on. 

My friend Cari sent me this shirt. I'm a true Spartan and I do have a team behind me. Love this shirt!!


Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 3 more weeks and I get to hear my horns!!

Lots of love,
Lisa 

PS: Brad would like to personally thank everyone for every meal and groceries. His weakness is cookies and he has loved every last one of them. 



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you! 3 more weeks. You can do it. You are a rock star and inspiration to many!!!

Unknown said...

You are a rockstar!

Misty said...

We knew you would rock this Lisa! But its even more inspiring to hear that your doctor has noticed :) Still rooting for you every step of the way...and will most definitely toot the horn on May 29!

Unknown said...

June is right around the corner!!! You are amazing! You are so strong and determined and beautiful. Your persistence and kick ass attitude are awesome, yet not surprising. You have always been such a passionate and strong woman...and you are now, more than ever! XO

Alicia B. said...

Lisa you are awesome, strong and beautiful in chris words my "teacher is a superwoman" you keep kicking cancer as* show em who's boss ;-) im keeping you in my prayers you go girl.