Friday, March 14, 2014

Do I hear a party?

So I am sitting here in this warm recliner at chemo listening to the nurses blow party horns for someone who just finished their last chemo treatment. I had to open my eyes and make sure I was not at Chi chi's and it was someone's birthday. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT TO BE ME!!!  Seriously, I can't wait for them to blow the horns for me. I start a new round of chemo today called Taxol. I will get it every Friday for the next 12 weeks. I was not excited to come today. Actually quite anxious about it. I sat at the front desk of PVS this morning for an hour trying to help and Rosemary asked why I was doing it. I told her it was because  if I go home I have to go to chemo. But now I am here and I am remembering that it could be much worse. So I'll sit here with my big girl panties on and take the medicine. Here's to nausea, not pooping, being tired, black nail beds, an infected tear duct and most importantly NO CANCER!!  Woot woot. 11 more rounds to go. Who's whoopin' it up with me in June?

11 comments:

Dawn Gaydosh said...

I'll whoop it up with you in June Girl!!! You can do this!! Keep fighting, xoxo

Unknown said...

You know I will be there whooping right along side you!!! Whoop whoop 🎉 here's one party horn for 1 treatment down!!!

Anonymous said...

I am blowing the horn this morning that ONE is DONE ! Stay strong, and we will have the party to beat all parties in June! Love you! DeeDee

Misty said...

I'll get my party horn ready! Thinking of you daily! Love, Misty

jenn adams said...

Horns blowing! Cooking something up special for this summer......stay tuned!

caroline peacock said...

Praying for you and hearing those horns blowing in your future! In the meantime, prayers for strength and peace. Hope you can get home soon and feel your family's love.

Unknown said...

PARTY!!!! Woo hoo!! You can do this friend. It will be June before you know and you will hear those horns blowing!! Sp proud of you. Keep it up.

marni said...

We will party, laugh, smile,cry, scream, jump, dance and celebrate you and this journey of complete healing. I can't wait and I will bring the horns and anything else that makes noise!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Horns are a good start, but let me tell you baby, we are NOT stopping at horns!!! You are a rock star, and that's just the way we will celebrate!!!! Love you!!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

And because of you sitting up front at PVS - I prayed extra hard that Friday and all weekend. I got to see your smile - it stuck with me; more joy that YOU have put into the world. I am praying for you EACH and EVERY day! Anything I can do to help - let me know! Heather