Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Round four...(can you hear my happy dance)


I have my fourth and final round of the "bad" chemo today. Not sure why it gets dubbed the "bad" chemo considering I don't think any chemo is "good".  Dr. Romer says that the next 12 weekly rounds after this round will be easier on my body and I say hopefully easier on my mind. Geesh, I have had to be one tough bitch the last 2 weeks.(I also was not enjoyable to be around at home. Sorry Brad.)  I was a HOT HOT mess after the last round. I felt horrible from Thursday until the following Tuesday. I was beginning to think I was never going to feel better. But Wednesday morning I woke up and felt great. (I thanked God several times that day.)  So I am hoping and praying for a quick and speedy recovery after today's chemo and if not, I still have my big girl pants on and I'll put a smile on my face and tell the little "c" to "suck it".  

My dear sweet friend Lori Clark gave me a hope tree for all of my students to sign. If you know me well, you know that these kids give me strength and hope. So she delivered it yesterday and we had my students from this year and last year sign it.  I love it and every time I had to explain to them what they were signing I started to choke on my words. 

My students have also been asking daily for me to wear Olivia's bright pink wig. So I did today. I was told I look like Pink, Katy Perry, AAANNNDDDDD Nicki Minaj!  I see the resemblance, don't you? See why I love my students!!!  Such honest little people. We also had "try on Mrs. Voss' wig".  The pictures are below. 

Thank you to everyone for the kind words of encouragement. This is such a mental battle. Everything that people send to me makes me that much stronger. Words cannot express how much I appreciate all of it. 





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rockin' it again! You look great! I am glad you are doing your happy dance today, and I hope you feel better this round! Love you... DeeDee

Unknown said...

Love that all these kids I love are around to help you smile. ❤️

Unknown said...

Again, you look so pretty! Seriously!! Rockin the pink wig. I love it. Seeing these pics with your class makes me miss you and miss working with you! Stay strong my friend. You ARE kicking c ' s booty!!!

Peggy said...

You look so great in that wig, maybe I should get one.
You are such an inspiration !
Love you and thinking of you everyday!n

Jenn Jaynes said...

Praise God for the end of "bad" chemo. You (and your kids) are rocking that hot pink wig. Keep kicking ass!

Mechell said...

I love your story and strength! I do not know who got you your tree of hope but I am very close to the artist. So amazing to see how much life you have. If you would ever like to get in contact....If she has not Co tasted you already I would love to conne t you with the artist. Mechelle.rafferty913@gmail.com

Unknown said...

You totally rocked the pink wig! ♥ IT