Friday, February 21, 2014

Great Peeps!

Thank goodness I can blame tears on my chemo.  (If you don't know what I am talking about, refer back to the "I'm 80" post.)  I walked into school today I noticed everyone I walked by wearing hats.  Hmmmmm, I know I have chemo brain but something seemed sneaky.  All my peeps at work decided to wear hats today to support me.  Which brought me to tears in the office and again, now, as I am writing this.  Cancer is really scary and chemo is a very challenging experience both mentally and physically.  This last chemo round I was a hot mess until Wednesday.  It took almost a week for my body and brain to feel normal again.  I really could not be doing this without the support of my family and peeps.  I love each and everyone of you beyond belief and I could not be doing this alone.  So thank you for making me feel loved and supported.  It is because of these acts of kindness that I know I can handle round four of chemo.



Thanks to Le'Cook for hooking me up with a hat.  The girl who wears a hat everyday because she can't stand the wig, doesn't wear a hat on hat day.  So Lisa Cook made Jeni and I butterfly hats. I loved it!!!!

I love this staff!!  Such a fun and supportive place to work.  I could not ask for anything more.  (and I really think my eyes are open but because I was smiling so big they look closed.)

My PVS peeps showing their love and support!! (Can you understand why I started to cry?  The feeling of support was overwhelming.)

Brad bought me this artwork.  The woman who makes them is a local artist from Centerville.  Brad dropped it off at PVS and everyone signed it.  I love to look at it and read all of the names.  Now my peeps outside of PVS need to sign it.  It honestly is one of my favorite gifts. 


This was done by the staff and students of PVS voyager.  They were painting in the snow.  Pink Strong!!

8 comments:

Anjali Balwally said...

Hi Lisa
Wow. I am speechless. PVS is an amazing place and the staff there are outstanding. You are loved by them and everyone else around you. Stay strong my friend.

Anonymous said...

You are right, those are amazing co-workers! LOVE LOVE LOVE them! And you, too!! :) Thinking of you every day...love, DeeDee

Anonymous said...

Being down in Fla. I feel like a million miles away but it makes me so happy to see all of the support and love your getting from all your friends and co-workers. Love GiGi

Unknown said...

That is awesome!!! I love seeing the support and love you have from friends and I especislly love that beautiful smile on your face!!! Your eyes? Open? When you smile big? RIGHT! Your smile is the best!!! Muah!! XO

Unknown said...

Centerville peeps are the best! I see many faces in that crowd that I too love :). You are so strong Lisa and wow do you look beautiful. You really do. Such an inspiration for so many! Love that artwork too!

Anonymous said...

I love this! It makes me so happy when I see how wonderful and supportive everyone has been. Thank you to each and everyone that has reached out to Lisa and her family (including me). It has meant so much to us. Love you! Kristie

Amber Cohen said...

This post made me smile :) Love the art that Brad got you. You are surrounded by amazing people!

marni said...

Loving all of it....if wearing a hat brings you strength I will wear one everyday!!!
Xoxo
HAMMY WILL TOO!!!