Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Why wouldn't I work??

People were floored when I said I was going to continue to work. What else would I do?  Sit at home and feel bad for myself?  No way. I LOVE my job for two reasons. The kids that I work with everyday and my peeps. Not only are they the most supportive staff eva...but they seriously crack me up.
I wore my wig on Monday and was slightly nervous about it. Within an hour I was laughing as we played let's try on Lisa's wig in the office.
 My students had plenty of comments about it also. "Why is your hair so poofy?", "I think you need some hairspray?", "Will you just take it off?"  I took the wig off alright. It's not that it is itchy, it's more tight around my gigantic melon of a head. I feel like it is squeezing my brain after awhile. Needless to say, I am happy that I have such great kids and adults that I spend every day with. I love my job, with or without the wig. 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Suter looks like an 80s hair band lead singer. And your "melon head" will never be able to compete with mine or Gavin's. Haha! Love the attitude and the students you encounter will be forever touched by this experience and your influence. They are truly lucky. ❤️ Wig off!

Anonymous said...

So awesome!! What a great attitude you have. Love you! Your little sis.

Unknown said...

Love it! I think work is a perfect place for you to be. :) How could a classroom of Kindergarten kids not make you smile :)What an awesome life lesson you are teaching your kiddos.. Again, you look gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Your beauty, strengh and attitude is truly amazing. In the classroom is exactly where you need to be! What a fantastic role model you are for all those little faces.

L'Cook said...

Suter looks hilarious! (much better than I did) LAUGHTER is definitely the best medicine! LOVE this picture~

roma mount said...

loooooooove it! the whole thing, the awesome attitude, the beauty, the laughter, mr suter, the kids. the little c has no chance ms. lisa!!!

Misty said...

Thanks for making me laugh! I love that you are continuing to spend your day with your little people. I'm sure they thought you were beautiful with or without the wig!

Leanne said...

I'm sad I missed wig trying on! Suter definitely rocks the blonde though. Love you bunches ��

Unknown said...

Suter looks like Sebastian Bach!! Lol you have a perfectly shaped head Lisa! Not many could rock that look but you definitely do. :)

Anonymous said...

Wig off!!! 😘

Anonymous said...

I'm going for my 5th post!!!
I love the wig. Do you think Suter will let me borrow it when he's done.....I've always wanter long hair!! I love you and your beautiful smile. GiGi

Anonymous said...

From another anonymous mom>>My daughter is at PVS in a different neighborhood. She is so "excited" about what you are courageously going through. Rooting for you from a distance, my 6 yr old is now understanding cancer by watching your graceful, humorous, loving approach to this chapter of life. Her girl pals were chatting it up about how pretty you are (bald and all) and led into a discussion about what cancer really is while at the playdate table. Know that you are such a positive force in their lives. A blessing for them and sideline parents like me, rooting, praying and caring. Go girlie, go!