Monday, February 3, 2014

Thankful

It is days like these that I am thankful for many things.  Yesterday was incredibly rough.  I had the joy of spending the weekend with one of my oldest friends Kelly. She traveled from Michigan to spend time with me.  It made me very happy but I was very sad to see her go.  I spent the rest of the day on the couch trying to come out of my fog.  Which makes me thankful for Brad and Kristie.  They really have had to take on a ton of extra responsibilities because of me.  If you know me, you know how stubborn I am, and how I also do not take help well.  I like things done my way so the majority of the time I do it myself.  Brad and Kristie have really made this a lot easier on me because I don't have to worry about anything.  I love and appreciate them both so much! (I also really enjoy bossing them around.)

Which leads me to all the people who have helped them out in so many ways.  Between Susan organizing the dinners from PVS and Amie organizing them from our football family, Beth and Meredith working on groceries, Amy and Jeff picking up and driving my kids around Shannon folding laundry and doing dishes, Heather bringing me natural ways to help my ailments, the countless meals that have been dropped off, Leanne taking pictures, and my friends standing by me daily, I do not have the words for how much I appreciate it.  I fought this part because I really struggle asking people for help.  Let me tell you though, it is a wonderful feeling knowing that my family is fed and I can sleep not having to worry about it.  I cannot thank everyone enough for the meals and snacks that have been dropped off.  I am truly grateful.

I would honestly be here all night if I started to thank every single person for the kind words that have been sent to me, the gifts that have been given or the hugs and prayers.  I really wish I had the energy to.  Sometimes things in your life happen for a reason.  I will be the first to tell you I was on overload and was not appreciating what was around me.  I do now.  I appreciate every single person and experience in my life.  I can honestly say that I am grateful for the relationships God has granted me with, especially my sister and husband.  Thank you to everyone for the love, strength and prayers.


Brad wanted me to remember how much I am loved so he started this "wall" to remind me.  He hangs up every note or card that I get from someone so that I never forget.

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Way to go Brad. And Lisa, you are so crazy strong, there's nothing that's going to hold you back from kicking this. Know that you are thought of every day in every way by everyone that loves you. Everything you are doing is right and stand tall knowing your mom is looking down with so much love and pride.

Anonymous said...

Love you!
Your little sis

chris matye said...

Sending you lots of love from the glove! Sarah and I are thinking of you and your family Lisa! You have incredible strength and your love for life is no match....kick some ass C-Bass!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa this is so wonderful! God has placed people around you who know how to help you!!!
Thanks to Brad and Kristie who are able to be with you!!!They shine with love for you!!!
Take all you can get of love!!!!!
Love,
Aunty Paula